Time for some real talk. There's a lot of glamorization of the Founder journey. But only people are going through (or have gone through) it know how dark it can get sometimes.
In every Founder journey there is a moment (sometimes more than one) where you find yourself at the bottom of the well. Frustrated, burnt out, feeling defeated, isolated, knowing you have to keep going, but having a hard time seeing how.
In this week's episode of the Rocket Ship Business Academy podcast, I share my own experience when I hit the bottom of the well. It wasn't pretty. I thought I was doing everything I was supposed. But still found myself in a very dark place. But I learned some things that became the foundation for my company's eventual successful exit.
In this episode, I share:
- My own experience hitting the bottom of the well
- Why I call them "Swimming pool moments"'
- Why these moments are actually crucial for you to experience
- 3 things you need to do to get yourself moving and turn these - painful moments into catalysts for your success.
- 1 simple exercise that will ground you and free you to snap into action
There's important wisdom packed into these 9 minutes - you'll come away from this episode with new tools to turn adversity into opportunity.
Have a listen and let me know what you think - find the episode here!